Thursday, June 11, 2020

1000 Words

11 June, 2020      Family pics

Grandpa helping us see the way home - Ranch
2 Cluvers   Grandpa Harold & son, Doug - May 1970
Grandma Pinkie & Mom at our Napa place

Mom & her Dad at our place, Napa
Mom on Ranch porch
Bye Grandma
at Concord Cluvers     Pinkie & Harold

Petrolia front porch   & visitors playing Scrabble 1971
The wandering man 1971
Relatives all at Petaluma Green Mill Restaurant 1970
  Roy Evans, Virginia Evans Zimmerman, Gladys Evans (Roscoes wife), Barbara ( Roys 2nd wife), Harold & Alma Cluver

Grandpa was friends with Pete Drees, Petaluma. Pete's family had the Drees florists for years. Pete was a great hunter & traveled the world. He had a  place up at Petrolia, near Freestone on the Mattole River. Had cabins there and a museum of his trophys. Pete gave over one of the cabin homes for Grandpa & Grandma to live in whenever they wanted.  They loved it up there & went as much as they could.  

at Pats wedding St Marys Napa
  Barbara  Cluver- Grandma Alma "Pinkie" Evans Cluver  &                                              Douglas, her son

Dillion Beach camping - Cluver GMC pu & camper
  Our place Napa   Mom & her Dad,  Cluvers land rover                            Grandma taking Eva & Axel's pic   with Grandpa Harold.
Grandpa and Stuart Zimmerman at Stu's dairy ranch, 
Cockrill Road, Bloomfield California
   Cluver's GMC          
Stuarts Mother,  Virginia - sister of Alma Evans Cluver

I spent a lovely summer one year at Stuart & Clorinda's dairy ranch.
Grandma was a real picture nut. She took pictures of everything. I still have 2 box camera she used and they still work. Not sure where I could get film for them now or even develop it . Must be websites.  I used them years ago and they worked really well.  The negatives are about 3 x 5.  Fun to use

Happy Trails,  Katie






1 comment:

  1. Wow. It's letting me in. I drove out to Petrolia a couple of weeks ago and thought about trying to find the old place that grandma and grandpa lived, but I hadn't been out there since I was 5 or 6, so I gave up. I do remember the cabin, and I do remember a lot of dead animal skulls.And I do remember, I believe, being there with a lot of relatives.

    ReplyDelete