Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sea Captain Cluver




Sea Captain Cluver





Henry Cluver from Germany. Our ancestor
His grandson, Harold identifies on the backs and previous post below grandaughter Bernice Linn also.
I would guess if this was taken at someones home when he is this older,  they did own a home on I st. Petaluma and later he lived in Oakland with daughter where he died. That home in Oakland is an area now full of Kaiser hospital.   
I think for any man who could Captain those old sailing ships, the stagecoach routes over old Mt. Tamalpais, unpaved dirt, would hold no terrors . I have read harrowing accounts of the stages and wagons that drove over the old mountain roads and the accounts of the hairpin turns out on nothing.  & that's not driving the vehicles we take for granted now, it was handling teams of 2-4-6 or more animals. I would be scared the whole way and gotten out and walked, as I have done even now in places.

Best Wishes   Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment